How to Sell Art on Instagram and Facebook?
Instagram and Facebook now are two of the most popular networks that connect millions of people every day. Some people only share their personal pictures with friends but some people use them as a way to promote their businesses. So today we have prepared useful tips on how to sell your art on Instagram and Facebook.
7 Easy steps you MUST follow if you want to know how to sell art on Instagram and Facebook
Here are 7 simple steps you should follow if you want to grow your audience on Instagram or Facebook and start selling your products.
1) Prepare your Instagram or Facebook profile.
2) Start promoting your Instagram and Facebook page.
3) Create a content plan. Use stories.
4) Create high-quality content. Add descriptions to your posts.
5) Use the right hashtags if you want to sell your products faster.
6) Cooperate with other artists.
7) Be genuine!
1. You must have your Instagram page prepared.
Here is how to do it:
- Include your personal details in your nickname as this will help people to find you quicker.
- Switch your personal account to a business one, this will help you to track your statistics and you will know what your followers like and what they don’t.
- Change your profile picture to something that will reflect your business. This could be your own portrait, for example.
- Change your Instagram profile description. It should include your real name, what type of art you are in and most importantly your contacts. If you have a website, don’t forget to put its link.
2. Start promoting your Instagram and Facebook profile.
Here are some tips on how to promote your Instagram and Facebook accounts to finally start selling your products.
- Make your profile look good. Yes, it might be easier said than done but you need to make your page aesthetically attractive. You need to publish pictures in a similar style, but at the same time don’t be scared to make experiments. If you have a business account, you can check your statistics and see what your followers like.
- Update your profile regularly, people will follow you if you provide for useful content.
- Communicate with your followers, post stories with polls, this will keep your followers interested and they will be more responsive.
Instagram: Get followers as an Artist Video Guide
3. Create a content plan. Use stories.
- Spend a lot of time thinking about what to post and when to post. As for the time, we advise you to post at 7ish p.m. that is when your followers are the most active.
- Don’t post more than once a day. No one likes spam and an endless stream of pictures.
- Post stories to advertise your business. You can show different techniques you use while drawing or show the products you use. This can also be an awesome way to do some affiliate marketing (or ads) if you have a lot of well-engaged organic followers.
4. Create high-quality content. Add descriptions to your posts.
- Pay great attention to each post you make. Make sure the background is fine and the picture itself is of good quality.
- Add descriptions to your posts on Instagram, as it facilitates the communication between an artist and their followers. This can easily draw a lot of attention and can make your Instagram page very popular.
- Provide for background information about your painting. Tell people what inspired you to create this piece of art. Be sincere with your followers.
How to Grow your Instagram Art Profile
5. Use the right hashtags if you want to sell your products faster.
- Create your own hashtag that no one else has ever used. People will be able to find all your works using this hashtag.
- Use common artists’ hashtags like #art #artforsale #paintingsLA (your city)
- Participate in different artists’ challenges and use these hashtags.
3 Minute Guide to Instagram Hashtags for Artists (Get Your Art Seen on Instagram!)
6. Cooperate with other artists.
- Follow your colleagues, comment as often as possible, like their pictures (and they will do the same)
- Advertise each other’s profiles.
- Start your own project on Instagram or Facebook. You can offer some products for free, for example, tips on how to find inspiration when drawing.
- Organise giveaways, people love them, you can give away your painting or some subscription to useful art channel. It will help you to gain new followers and promote your account.
7. Be genuine!
- Be sincere with your followers, do what you love and love what you do. This may sound cliche but this is very important to remember that you must enjoy your business for it to succeed.